It's been a great season so far, and we are asking for your support to ensure we finish strong! We have a number of fun volunteer opportunities and we appreciate your help. If you are interested in any of the following volunteer openings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Lawn Mowing: Weeks of Sept. 5, Sept. 12, Oct. 3, Oct. 10, Oct. 17, Oct. 24. Volunteers help save our club $300 each mow, and that money helps pay for docks and other capital improvements. You'll coordinate with Harbormaster Tim and help keep our property looking warm and inviting.
2. Trimming Party: Saturday, Sept. 24 at 9:30 a.m. Bring your string trimmer or weed whacker and help us clean up under the sailboats. We need to do this a couple of times per year to keep our property looking respectable. Tim Montague has volunteered to be team captain for this effort. Pizza will be provided for lunch.
3. Social Committee: Flying Scot Glow Regatta Sept. 30 – Oct. 2. We're expecting 40 boats and it's going to be a huge party, with guests coming from all over the country! You'll work with Jodi Heckel and help with food setup and distribution and show guests what CLSA hospitality is all about. Volunteers enjoy free food (steak dinner) and beverages all weekend.
4. Race Committee: Thistle Painkiller Regatta Sept. 10 – 11, Vicki Cup Sept. 24 – 25, Flying Scot Glow Regatta Sept. 30 – Oct. 2. Enjoy front row seats to the racing action! No racing experience is necessary. Race Committee Chair Chales Suggs is looking to fill some race committee openings so let us know if you are interested in watching some exciting racing. Glow and Painkiller volunteers enjoy free food (steak or veggie dinner) all weekend long.
5. Photographers/Drone Operators: Thistle Painkiller Regatta Sept. 10 – 11, Flying Scot Glow Regatta Oct. 1 – 2. We are looking for photographers and drone operators to capture racing footage. Our regatta chairs (Gerry and Eric) will follow up and help coordinate.